Experienced and Aggressive Florida Trial Representation for Three Generations
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- State and Federal Criminal Defense, including fraud, racketeering and other economic crimes
- Florida, 1985
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1985 J.D./Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, 1980
- Valencia Community (now Valencia State) College, Orlando, Florida, 1978, A.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Seminole County Bar Association
- Vollie A. Williams International Inns of Courts
- Federal Bar Association, Middle District, Florida
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Central Florida Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Recent Awards and Recognitions
- Orlando’s Top Lawyers, Orlando Leisure Magazine-2012
- Client’s Choice Award, AVVO, 2012 – 2016
- Rated AV, Martindale-Hubbell, 10 consecutive years, 2003-2017
Pro Bono Activities
- Voting Member, 18th Judicial Circuit Indigent Services Committee, 2005 – 2007
- Delta Theta Phi, STCL (Legal Fraternity)
- Alpha Tau Omega, Eta Rho Chapter, UCF (Social Fraternity)
- Born: 1957, Miami, Florida
- Married (1981), with four children
- Third generation Floridian
- Avid golfer, bladesmith, hunter and fisherman
- Proud father of a decorated U.S. Army Ranger (combat veteran), Operation Iraqi Freedom
Michael Scott Herring, Esq.
Florida Litigation Attorney
Conveniently located in the Herring Building in Seminole County’s government seat, Michael S. Herring, Esquire, a second-generation Sanford attorney, has dedicated himself to providing aggressive representation of the injured, accused and small business interests since 1985. He has represented thousands of clients in civil and criminal courts throughout central Florida and has won at every level of Florida’s courts, including the Fifth District Court of Appeals (Florida) and the Florida Supreme Court. He knows criminal defense, personal injury, and commercial litigation. He has a fair, common-sense approach to representing his clients.
In personal injury/wrongful death cases, he zealously pursues the maximum recovery for his clients, while keeping a watchful eye on cost. The client’s net recovery is uppermost. After all, his role is to maximize your recovery, not the other way around. Considered preeminent by his legal peers, Mr. Herring is AV Peer Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell.
Practicing PERSONAL INJURY and WRONGFUL DEATH law since 1985, Mr. Herring has handled hundreds of personal injury cases and has helped his clients win millions of dollars, (Hart v. ADT Automotive, $2.2 million). He will take on the insurance company refusing to pay fair compensation. He offers FREE, face-to-face or telephone consultations and will advance all personal injury case costs. You pay nothing unless we win.
Representing the CRIMINALLY ACCUSED for more than twenty-eight years, Mr. Herring has diligently represented the citizens of Sanford and Central Florida in criminal cases ranging from high profile, complex felonies to the simplest misdemeanors.
Mr. Herring recently brought about the dismissal of racketeering and conspiracy to commit racketeering charges against his client which had been initiated by the Office of the Statewide Prosecutor in a multi-state internet gambling case involving a multi-year investigation involving $300 million in alleged illegal gambling profits. State of Florida v. Allied Veterans of the World, et. al., Seminole Circuit Court case No: 13-CF-695
As a former State Parole and Probation Officer, he knows criminal law and can guide you through your legal complexities ranging from DUI to Drug Trafficking to Organized Fraud. We offer FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS, reasonable and competitive flat rates, zero interest payment plans and advance payment fee discounts. We accept most major credit cards.